For those of you who have been waiting for me to write, I’m sorry I haven’t sooner. I will be honest – I have recently been struggling to see the best in everything like I once did.
If you’ve followed my blog from the beginning you will have noticed I have a fond appreciation of the U.K. (having previously lived there for a couple of years), and due to reasons beyond my choice I had to return to Australia. I grew up in Aus, and although it’s where I’m from I don’t consider it to be “home”.
Unfortunately because of this I have been in a constant state of mind where I am wishing to be anywhere but here (not that there’s anything wrong with ‘here’, it’s just not for me).
When I was younger I thought that in your 20’s you should have your life essentially figured out… I can assure you – I’m 23 and haven’t a CLUE what I’m doing with myself…
Life has a funny way of challenging you at the most inconvenient times, but I’m beginning to believe there’s important reasons for that.
As I approach the end of 2017 (and my mid-twenties.. eek) I have made some promises to myself that I intend to keep for the new year, and every year going forward after that (if you’re like me and get slack, let’s do it together):
- 1. Self appreciation/love (I am the worst for this, believe it or not I lack a lot of self confidence and aim to shift it!)
- 2. Educate + nourish the brain (I love books, learning, and gaining new skills! Often times little things in life take over and I don’t get to indulge in mentally stimulating things like I’d wish to. I also studied for several years at university and gave up – but I want to stick at it and accomplish something big!)
- 3. Friendship + kindness (By some miracle I have been blessed with the most selfless, kindhearted and understanding friends any person could ask for. I’d be lost without them. Genuinely. I have also met each of them in the most unique of ways. There’s never a limit to how much kindness you can generate, and from this you will be surrounded by endless amounts of love.)
- 4. Health + happiness (I cannot stress this enough. Your health is the most crucial component of your wellbeing. Going for walks, listening to music, eating healthy – with the occasional treat [or two], dancing in your bedroom [who doesn’t?!]. All of the things that make you happy – DO them. I have recently been such a sucker feeling sorry for myself whilst I sit at home scrolling on Instagram, looking at everyone live their seemingly amazing lives. What’s stopping either of us from doing the same?)
- 5. Getting cultured! (Holidays and traveling: I will never get enough of it. When the world is as big as it is, I am so surprised when people say they’re not ‘interested’ in leaving where they’ve gone up/are from. What a lost opportunity! I crave to learn a second language, try exotic foods, and learn in person how other cultures live. If it wasn’t for my desire to travel, I never would have found myself. I plan to holiday and see as much as I can before I grow old!)
These are five key attributes I wish to live by – and I believe if I manage to do this successfully I will be eternally happy. The reason I haven’t written is because I have failed to carry out any of these points, and as a result gone so far the other way. Waking up each day and not having the motivation to do anything I enjoy is a toxic way to live, and not healthy on the mindset. But, being human, I’m working on changing it.I have a lot yet to learn, but I am excited to do so. I have high hopes that things will fall into place how they’re supposed to.
I appreciate if you’ve been patiently waiting for my next blog post – and I’m sorry it took so long! I hope this explains why I haven’t written as soon as I had hoped to.
Until next time….